Sample quiz on substitution method
Main home here.
- If a linear system $2x-3y=11,~3x+5y=-12$ is first re-written as $10x-15y=55,~9x+15y=-36$, which method of solution is the solver
most likely trying to use?
- If, in a linear system $x+2y=7,~3x+5y=18$ one first writes $x=7-2y$, followed by $3(7-2y)+5y=18$, then one is trying to use $\cdots$
- Given $2x-y=7,~x=3+2y$, the correct substitution to make is $\cdots$?
- Given $x+y=7,~3x+4y=17$, which of the following is true?
- Given $x+2y=9,~3x-7y=14$, which of the following results from the substitution method?
- Solve by substitution: $2x-y=7,~x=3+2y$
- Given $3x-y=7,~5x+4y=6$, isolate $y$ from the first equation, then substitute into the second equation
- Solve by substitution: $x+y=7,~5x+7y=45$
- Solve by substitution: $3x+y=8,~5x-2y=6$
- Solve by substitution: $x-y=10,~4x+3y=12$