Sample quiz on direct variation
Main home here.
- A situation where the dependent variable varies directly with the independent variable is known as
- The equation of a direct variation can be given by $y=mx$, where $y$ is the dependent variable and $x$ is the indepent variable.
What does $m$ represent?
- The graph of a direct variation always passes through the point $\cdots$
- The distance a car travels varies directly with the time. A car travels $300$ km in $4$ hours.
Determine the constant of the variation.
- A variation expression $y\propto x$ means that $\cdots$
- A man's weekly pay ($P$) varies directly with the number of hours worked ($h$). In a certain week, the man made
$\$700$ after working for $35$ hours. The relationship between $P$ and $h$ is $\cdots$
- The distance ($d$) a car travels varies directly with the time ($t$). If a car travels $450$ km in $5$ hours,
write an equation connecting $d$ and $t$.
- The number of words $(w)$ a typist types varies directly with the time $(t)$. In $20$ minutes, the typist typed $900$ words.
An equation connecting $w$ and $t$ is $\cdots$?
- A car travels $240$ km in $3$ hours. Assuming that distance traveled varies directly with time, what distance will the car
travel in $5$ hours?
- The volume of water $(V)$ leaking out from a tank varies directly with the time $(t)$. In $15$ minutes, $0.1$ L of water leaked out.
An equation relating $V$ and $t$ is $\cdots$?