Sample quiz on rates
Main home here.
- A rate is $\cdots$?
- Which of these is an example of a rate?
- Every week, a man makes $\$800$ after working for $40$ hours. His hourly wage is $\cdots$?
- If only money is considered, which of these two pays better: $\$400$ for $25$ hours or $\$300$ for $20$ hours?
- A car travels $120$ km in $90$ minutes. What is its speed?
- A car travels at $75$ km/hour. How long will it take to cover a distance of $300$ km?
- Two-thirds of a certain job can be completed in $24$ minutes. How long will it take to complete the entire job working at the same rate?
- Water leaks from a tank at a rate of $0.5$ litres per minute. At this rate, how long will it take to empty the entire $150$ L tank?
- A man's hourly wage is $\$25$/hour. For how many hours should he work in order to earn $\$500$?
- If one-fifth of a job can be completed in $20$ minutes, how long will it take to complete the entire job, working at the same rate?